Okay, so we’ve all see those cool vector sunburst brushes all over deviant art and brush sites. Instead of downloading them, I am going to teach you how to make them!
1) Open a new file about 800x600px. Now select your Polygon Tool.
2) Now, be sure your settings are as mine follows. I gave mine 40 sides. Yours can have any certain number that you want, I just think increments of four or multiples of four work best
3) Go ahead and create your shape. Hold SHIFT while you make your shape, it will stay proportionate. It will made a circle. click to see the shape.
4) Now, grab your Direct Selection tool.
5) While holding SHIFT, select every 4th point on the circle. The selected points will become solid squares. I don’t know if you can see it from this picture, but you can view that here.
6) Now that you have those points selected, go to Edit > Transform Points > Scale and make your percentages to 0.1%.
7) Press enter and it should send the selected points to the center thus creating a vector circle. Which looks like this.
8) To save it you can Right Click > Define Custom Shape.
Doing this will make it possible for you to use that vector at anytime by going to the polygon tool or shape tool.